Life in Christ is an amazing journey that leads to the greatest adventure you could ever have. I know from personal experience that when you follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, that’s when life gets really exciting! That’s when you can have the life Jesus died to give you (John 10:10).
So I want to ask you today:
Are you living life to the fullest . . . reaching your full potential? Is fear of the unknown holding you back? Are you paralyzed by fear of failure or what others will think?
Do you need more confidence?
Confidence is a belief that you can do a thing. In the world, we often hear that we need more self-confidence, but the problem with this is we all have limitations, and no one can do everything they want or need to do in their own strength all the time.
What we really need is God-confidence. Having God-confidence means you put your faith in God, trusting that He has equipped you to do what you need to do in life.
Philippians 3:3 (AMP) says that those who are born again place no confidence [in what we have or who we are] in the flesh.
This means our confidence shouldn’t come from what we can do in our own effort, who we know, a professional title or what we look like. The truth is, we are valuable and able to accomplish great things in this life because of what Christ has done for us, not anything we can do in and of ourselves (Ephesians 2:8-9).
A huge burden was rolled off of me when I realized God doesn’t expect me to change on my own; He wants to give me His wisdom, grace and strength to become everything He created me to be.
I know what it’s like to be insecure and feel driven to prove my value through hard work and maintaining a certain appearance. It was so miserable to live this way, continually striving to impress people so I could get what I wanted or thought I deserved. And basing my worth on what I believed others thought about me just made me unstable in my emotions and thoughts.
That’s what self-confidence does; it’s rooted in pride and only leads to frustration and dissatisfaction.
There’s a huge difference between a Christian who just tries to make it on their own and one who relies on the Holy Spirit to enable them to do whatever they need to do. Whether we realize it or not, we desperately need God every minute of every day because we don’t have what it takes on our own to run our lives successfully.
Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to take His place here on the earth. He can be everywhere, all the time, and because He lives in us as born-again believers, He is always with us.
It’s so amazing to realize that the Holy Spirit is always with us and He’s the Strengthener we need in every area of life (John 15:26). When you really get a revelation about this, your confidence will come from knowing who you are in Christ and you won’t be controlled by fear, worry or anxiety.
I want to give you some scriptures to help you remember who you are in Christ and that you need to continually put your confidence in Him.
- Therefore if anyone is in Christ…he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]… (2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP).
- God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21 NIV).
- For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago (Ephesians 2:10 NLT).
- I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose — I am self—sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace] (Philippians 4:13 AMP).
- “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5 NIV).
These verses clearly reveal that in Christ, you are…
- A new creation, reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit.
- The righteousness of God.
- A masterpiece! You’re created to do good things He’s already prepared for you to do.
- Strengthened and able to do whatever you need to do in life.
- Fruitful, accomplishing the good works you’re created to do.
This list is just a starting point to help you discover what it means to live with God-confidence. I want to encourage you to dig deeper in God’s Word to find more verses that tell you who you are in Christ and what God promises to give you through your relationship with Him.
Remember that God loves you and He wants you to have the life Jesus died for you to have. He will never tell you to do anything without giving you the ability to do it. In Christ, you can do whatever you need to do in life!
Joyce Meyer Ministries, joycemeyer.org